Day – Thursday day – (Places still available)
- Time – 10am -1.30pm – 3.5hrs, 7 sessions
- Dates – Term 1, 14th February – 28th March 2019
- Cost – $420, Early bird rate $380 (before January 10th)
Drawing is an essential skill of any art making! Drawing is everything!
If you are a beginner in making art learning to draw is the first step. This is fun and relaxed drawing class for anyone who loves to draw, or would like to learn how to draw. It is a wide ranging drawing course covering all sorts of subject matter including still life, urban and natural landscapes, interiors, portraits and the figure. Students will also practice using a range of drawing media that can include charcoal, ink, watercolour and chalk pastels. The class is designed for new and continuing students and each term students will explore new media, methods and subjects. All levels are welcome in this friendly class: from enthusiastic beginners to those with prior experience.
What you will learn:
Over the 7 week term, students will learn :
- The basic fundamentals of observational drawing – proportion, perspective, tone, volume
- How to use different media including charcoal, ink, watercolour and chalk pastel.
- Gestural drawing
- About mark making, texture and different qualities of line
- About abstraction
- About composition
- About colour
- How to find their own style, while having fun!
Ochre’s teaching style is relaxed and fun while still teaching essential skills and concepts. This course is structured around one to two week projects.
Please bring the following with you to the first class.
- Paper – A2 cartridge pad. 210 gsm minimum for use with mixed media
- Willow charcoal – medium size
- Soft white chalk pastel
- Soft black chalk pastel
- Soft ochre yellow chalk pastel
- Soft Burnt Sienna chalk pastel
- 2 bull dog clips
- Paper towel
- Hard eraser
Additional materials will be suggested throughout the term. These may include : Black ink (Suggest Pebeo 50ml); A couple of watercolour brushes, large wash brush and smaller brush; a small watercolour set; a small chalk pastel set, graphite pencil.
Maximum of 12 students in all our classes Our class sizes are small, ensuring you receive the individual tuition you need.
Unless otherwise noted, fees for adult classes exclude art materials.