Drawing and Watercolour classes for beginners to advanced
daytime term classes
Drawing and Watercolour Classes in Sydney
COVID 19 – Restrictions have been lifted. All classes will be now be conducted at the St Johns Hall in Balmain. Workshops will be conducted at the Art Room in St Peters. Social distancing and hygiene measures will be in place including 4sqm per person.
Drawing is an essential skill of any art making. Drawing is everything!
Learning to draw is the first step in a satisfying artistic journey. This is fun and relaxed drawing class for anyone who loves to draw, or would like to learn how to draw. It is a wide ranging drawing course covering all sorts of subject matter including still life, urban and natural landscapes, interiors, portraits and the figure. Students will also practice using a range of drawing media that can include charcoal, ink, watercolour and chalk pastels. The class is designed for complete beginners and continuing students and each term students will explore new media, methods and subjects. All levels are welcome in this friendly class: from enthusiastic beginners to those with prior experience.
In Ochre’s art class I’ve learnt to observe, to appreciate perspective and composition and to experiment with texture and colour. I’ve gone from nervous novice to confident drawer. The classes are informative, fun, creative and challenging. It’s why I keep coming term after term.Lynette, Erskinville
Thursday day- Term 2,2021- One place available (contact to check availability)
- Time – 10am -1.30pm – 3.5hrs, 8 sessions
- Term 2- Thursday 6th May – 24th June
- Cost – Early Bird $475 inc GST (5% discount) (regular $496 inclusive of GST)
What you will learn:
Over the 8 week term, students will learn :
- The basic fundamentals of observational drawing – proportion, perspective, tone, volume
- How to use different media including charcoal, ink, watercolour and chalk pastel.
- Gestural drawing
- About mark making, texture and different qualities of line
- About abstraction
- About composition
- About colour
- How to find their own style, while having fun!
Ochre’s teaching style is relaxed and fun while still teaching essential skills and concepts. This course is structured around one to two week projects.
Please bring the following with you to the first class.
- Paper – A2 cartridge pad. 210 gsm minimum for use with mixed media
- Willow charcoal – medium size
- Soft white chalk pastel
- Soft black chalk pastel
- Soft ochre yellow chalk pastel
- Soft Burnt Sienna chalk pastel
- 2 bull dog clips
- Paper towel
- Hard eraser
- Masking tape
- Black ink
- A couple of watercolour brushes, large wash brush and smaller brush; a small watercolour set
- a small chalk pastel set, graphite pencil
Our class sizes are small, ensuring you receive the individual tuition you need.
Unless otherwise noted, fees for adult classes exclude art materials.