Drawing is everything! It is one of the most basic skills in art one can learn and is really important first step for learning painting and other forms of art. In this fun and challenging one day workshop students will learn the fundamentals of drawing with a still life as a subject matter, using charcoal as our medium. Master artists will be referenced and experienced tutor Ochre Lawson will demonstrate different drawing techniques.
In this workshop you will learn:
- how to draw from observation
- how to measure basic proportions
- how to see and render tone using charcoal
- about historical and contemporary artists
- about different drawing materials